Views
Helpful
Replies

Unifi AP wont turn on in SG300?

logbi0791
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Experts,

We have 6 Unifi AP Pro connected on a SG300 52 Port PoE Managed Switch. However, the link on the ports wont go up. We suspect its something in the PoE confiration of these ports. What should be the correct settings and what are the commands to check?

Thank You!

Logbi

6 Replies 6

Jaderson Pessoa
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hello,

No, its run normally, i had around 30-40 aps unifi AP-UAC-EDU/HD/LR works normally with sg300 and 2960x. Maybe you have cable problem or port problem.

to see the power inline, use command below:
show power inline
Jaderson Pessoa
*** Rate All Helpful Responses ***

Hi Jaderson,

These are UniFi AP-AC-Pro by the way and I reached out to Ubiquiti Support about it and I was being asked if this SG300 model (SG300-52MP-K9 V03) that we have supports Passive Power over Ethernet (48V), 802.3af. Can you guide me on how to check this on the ports? The commands that I should run? I saw this link but I cant tell if its a yes or a no or if Im looking at the exact model here.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/switches/sg300-52mp-52-port-gigabit-max-poe-managed-switch/model.html

Thank You!

Logbi

Hello @logbi0791 ,

● Power over Ethernet: Cisco 300 Series Switches are available with up to 48 PoE ports of Fast
Ethernet or Gigabit Ethernet connectivity. This capability simplifies advanced technology deployments
such as IP telephony, wireless, and IP surveillance by allowing you to connect and power network
endpoints over a single Ethernet cable. With no need to install separate power supplies for IP phones
or wireless access points, you can take advantage of advanced communications technologies more
quickly, and at a lower cost. Some models support both IEEE 802.3af PoE and IEEE 802.3at PoE+
while others support IEEE 802.3af PoE only.

poe.JPG

Yes, your switch support both versions of PoE.

Thanks in advance.

Please, dont forget mark as helpful and solved all post that were help you.

Jaderson Pessoa

Thanks Jaderson. Yes, I saw that. But how can I confirm if the settings are correct in the ports? Can you help me with the commands to run to check the settings on the Switch Ports?

Hello,

trough cli you can check information about PoE with:

show power inline

show power inline consuption

show power inline version

orthewise, you can check it trough web gui.

check poe.PNG

Jaderson Pessoa

Hi Jaderson,

Please see attached for the result of the commands. Though I also checked it on GUI but I dont see the Power Source info in the System Summary's tab.

Thank You!

Logbi