cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Very slow transfers between SG200-18 and SG200-8 switches.

Zak Berrie
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Friends,

I'm baffled by the poor performance that I'm seeing when passing traffic between my two Cisco SG switches.

The configuration is as basic as I can make it, no VLANs, QoS or bonding.  Both have been updated to current firmware as part of the troubleshooting process.

When I transfer data within one of my switches I see 50/60Mb/s. 

When I pass the same traffic between both switches I see 0.6 Mbs/ or less.

I have tried to eliminate every possible factor including switching out the cables.  No success.

Any ideas?

5 Replies 5

Tom Watts
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Zak, can you try setting the port speed to 1 gig full on both switches for the links that interconnect the switches?

-Tom
Please mark answered for helpful posts

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/

Hey thanks for checking in Tom,

I'm glad I went through the process of double-checking this stuff because I finally found the root cause!

It seems that traffic between my switches was somehow being routed over the wireless mesh network created by my Sonos units.  As soon as I disabled them all my performance came back!

Now to figure out how to deal with that issue.

Thanks again.

osopolare, I had the exact same issues and removing the Sonos units from my network resolved all my issues.  Thanks for posting your fix as I would have never figured that it was my Sonos causing the slow speed between my switches.  Did you ever find a fix?

Thanks.  

Thanks glad I could help.

Two things:  

1) Make sure you don't have the "Wireless Setup" option turned on in the Sonos setup.  I think that was the main problem.  Having that turned on PLUS a wired connection is redundant anyway.

2) Disconnect all but one Sonos unit plugged to the wired network.  Perhaps a BOOST or BRIDGE if you have one but any unit will do.

After that it worked just fine for me.

I'm looking forward to eventually plugging in additional Sonos units and see what the limits are.  I think at the very least it should work if they are all plugged into a single switch.

Good luck.

thanks for posting

i had the same problem i have 3 sg200-16 switches at home with ubiquity ap;s i dis a speed test on a computer connected to the 3 switch and it was very poor. after a search in line i found your post.

sonos i had a bridge and a sound bar connector to two different switches when i disconnected the bridge speeds went back to normal