Views
Helpful
Replies

vlan config between cisco sg300-28p and procurve 2510g

claudiopagani
Level 1
Level 1

Hi at all,

i'm newbie with networking and this is my first post here.

i've these problem: ineed to configure 2 vlan on my switch: a new cisco sg300-28p and a hp procurve 2510g. i need to have 2 vlan (vlanid 1 and vlanid3) with static port assign but shared accross the two switch.

now i've successfully configure the two vlan in the switches but i don't know about configure the trunk port to link the cisco with the hp. i'd like to reserve the port 1 of the switches to make the trunk but i can't have the "vlan propagation".

is there anyone that can give me any suggestion, please?

thanks in advance

claudio

p.s. my english is very ver bad. I apologize for my languages errors

2 Replies 2

David Hornstein
Level 7
Level 7

Salve Claudio,

I throught i would put together a little recording of me trying to do your configuration, in English, sorry.

Your English is better than my Italian but I wasn't sure if i really did answer your question.  I was confused by what you meant by you cannot have vlan propagation.    If you really don't want vlan propagation but push untagged ethernet frames from two vlans , you can try putting GE1 in general mode.

I am trying to understand why you want no VLAN prorogation, as both HP managed switches and my switches support VLAN tagging on trunk or uplink ports.

The recording assumes VLAN tag propogation for VLAN3.  This recording  goes for 6 minutes, and can be paused and restarted as needed, so that you can perform the configuration actions

.https://cisco.webex.com/ciscosales/lsr.php?AT=pb&SP=MC&rID=56220782&rKey=5fc47a1c7b566b8c

The resulting configuration allows for the egress of  Tagged VLAN3 VID=3  frames out GE1 , but leaving the default vlan VID=1  egressing  out GE1 as untagged ethernet frames.

Have fun, it's a nice switch to work with.  Hopefully the HP switch also Tags VLAN 3 and untags the default vlan on its uplink port.

regards Dave

edryanalburo1
Level 1
Level 1

I guess you want the other switch/es to learn the vlans created on the main switch. That is not possible on sg300 switches. What I did was configure gvrp on switches. Create vlans on all switches. For IP address configuration of the vlans, just do it on the main switch and the rest of the switches will understand the vlans. I don't know how gvrp works on vlans, but that setup works for me.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X