Views
Helpful
Replies

VLAN inteface settings between SG200-26 to a catalyst 2960

Alvin Lalisan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I want to have an VLAN connection between two different switches (2960 and sg200).

In default settings, all ports communicate.

But I want to isolate a single port in 2960 and sg200 to communicate.

What would be the settings in each port.

thanks

4 Replies 4

Brian Ng
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Alvino019,

I am not too sure what you are trying to accomplish. Are you using only one physical connection between the two switches? Will there be other physical links between the two switches? Also, are you trying to just have one VLAN across the two switches or will you have multiple VLANs passing through? I would like to know what is your native/untagged VLAN and which ones are your allowed/tagged VLANs? These questions should give me enough information to help you with your situation.

Hi Brian,

Their is a catalyst 3750 in between connected by fiber.

All VLAN setting are in the default. Please see net config.

Will have multiple VLANS passing through

ggrim
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Alvino019,

Thanks for using the Cisco Small Business Support Community!

I understand that you want to set up a network in such a way that you have a single port configured for the 2960 and sg200 to communicate. I have found the following article in our Knowledge Base explaining how to configure VLANs and set up specific ports with VLAN tagging that will hopefully assist you in your configuration:

VLAN Configuration on the 200/300 Series Managed Switches

I have additionally found the following document to hopefully help on configuring the ports in Cisco IOS on your 3750 and 2960:

Configuring 802.1Q Trunking Between a Catalyst 3550/3560/3750 and Catalyst Switches That Run Cisco IOS Software

While not written specifically for the 2960, the configuration should be similar.

Please let me know if you need any additional information on setting up your trunk connections between the switches!

Best,

Gunner

Jerry Paul
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Connect the last port of 2960 switch i.e 0/24 or 0/48 or Gigabit Ethernet 0/0 or 0/1 port with the SG200 gigabit Ethernet port or last port of FE and make this connection as trunk.

Those ports you want to isolate, keep them in separate VLANs.

Jerry Paul

www.thenetworkhardware.com