cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VLAN issue with 520G-24TC-K9

trevorseward
Level 1
Level 1

I went from a Dell web-managed switch to a 520G.  I have a workstation with Hyper-V, this workstation has 2 physical NICs plugged into a Dell unmanaged switch, which is subsequently plugged into the 520G.  One physical NIC is dedicated to Hyper-V, the other is for standard workstation traffic.

My Hyper-V VMs do not have network access unless I enable VLAN tagging (ID of 1).  Once enabled, I can ping the router, but I cannot ping other machines on the network (machines either plugged into the same Dell unmanaged switch or servers directly plugged into the 520G).  Any ideas?  I thought that network access would work if I just left everything 'untagged'.

Every port on the switch is configured with VLAN ID 1.

1 Reply 1

jeffrrod
Level 4
Level 4

Dear Trevor,

Thank you for reaching Small Business Support Community.

It's been several days with no answer from our community members, therefore and since this is a Catalyst IOS based device, I suggest you to inquire about this on the LAN/Switching support community;

https://supportforums.cisco.com/community/netpro/network-infrastructure/switching

Notice you can move over this post from the "Actions" panel on the upper right corner.  Thank you for your time and please do not hesitate to reach me back if there is anything I may assist you with in the meantime.

Kind regards,

Jeffrey Rodriguez S. .:|:.:|:.
Cisco Customer Support Engineer

*Please rate the Post so other will know when an answer has been found.

Jeffrey Rodriguez S. .:|:.:|:. Cisco Customer Support Engineer *Please rate the Post so other will know when an answer has been found.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X