cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Voice vlan SFE2010P

enriquezd
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Support members,  i have a question regard  to switch SFE2010P, i have  2 vlan ( data  and  voice) and we want  to configure  Ip phones SPA502G, the question here  is how can  i make to suport  2 vlans  on the same  switch  port,  like  the catalyst  IOS  switch port acces vlan x   and switch  port  voice vlan x, if  i set up  the  switch  with the voice vlan  like tagged  doest work, but if i  set up  the voice vlan  like  untagged vlan  its works  but  the  PC attached to the   data port on the SPA502G doest work, can you help me  with this  issue?

Thank you 

1 Reply 1

rmanthey
Level 4
Level 4

Hello Enriquezd,

You would first have to create your 2 VLAN's. They will need to match the VLan tagging for the rest of the network.

Trunk the port going to the rest of the network with Data Vlan Untagged, Voice Tagged.

Trunk the ports going to the phone/Computers with Data Vlan Untagged, Voice Tagged.

Since these switches don't do CDP or LLDP-Med you will need to manually configure the phones Voice Vlan.

A Switch that works much better in a Voice Environment is the SG or SF series switches They currently don't have a Stacking model, but work is being done to have one available. Not sure on the ETA. The ESW also has some Voice capabilities for automated configuration.

I hope this helps.

Cisco Small Business Support Center

Randy Manthey

CCNA, CCNA - Security