Views
Helpful
Replies

VoIP Packet loss every 35 seconds

guyverdan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

We have a customer running a Asterisk based Phone system, using Snom 320 phones and a ESW-520-24P as their switch.

Recently we have been confronted with an issue where every 35 seconds their is a very obvious drop of audio for both parties of a call.  We know it is not the phone system as we have run tests directly over the BT copper lines that have no drops what so ever.  Unfrotunately when we introduce the LAN in any way, we get the drops every 35 seconds.

We are running the whole solution on 1 vlan, yes I know probably better to use two, but the Cisco cannot automatically detect the Snom 320 phones to swap it to another VLAN, which complicates using a VLAN setup.

I really need to work out how to stop these packet drops, but I am new to the world of Cisco and dont really know where to look or what to try.

Any help you can offer is really appreciated.

Regards

Dan

1 Reply 1

Tom Watts
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Daniel, you should try to narrow it to what piece of hardware is making the drops. Connect a phone to the router, do you problems? If not, go to the next piece of hardware and try again. May be tedious but it will help you narrow down to a specific device then you can try to figure out if it is the device or the cable between devices.

-Tom
Please mark answered for helpful posts

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X