Views
Helpful
Replies

warranty check by serial number

systemadmin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi team 

i want to check warranty of my Cisco device  so we can extend warranty with you and i have check with your tool warranty finder. This tool not provide correct information. So, please provide right tool for me so we can check ;warranty status of my Cisco devices.

Thanks

Dharam vir

17 Replies 17

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Go HERE.

Log in using the correct CCO login.  Enter a valid serial number one by one or by bulk.

Hi,

what is link to CCO login? thanks

see the text "Go HERE." - just right below Leo's avatar in his message :-)

Thanks Leo.

Earlangaman
Level 1
Level 1
Good day, can you help me to check the warranty of my Cisco Router
CISCO881-K9-Model
FGL162221LQ -Serial number

Thanks and Best Regards

this is what i got with this serial number

@systemadmin 

Hi there,

First, you will need to have a Cisco account to be able to log in to https://cway.cisco.com/sncheck/

I've sent you a PM with a screenshot of the aforementioned device warranty status.

Thanks,

Martin

This is by far the worst website i have ever been on to check a warranty.  Lenovo products on the Lenovo website are so much easier.  It's as simple as a link on a page and when you open it, you type in a serial number and poof it simply says "yes" or "no".  You guys should try this out, here are all your problems.

1. You are making it seem as though you need a login to do it (apparently you can use a guest format and don't need to create an account which leads to next problem)

2.  You can't sign in as a guest or the guest feature is **bleep** near impossible to find (I believe you it's there, i just refuse to work that hard to find it)

3.  When you do sign in there is no where to check the warranty (I clicked the "here" it signed in and again no where to type the serial number

4. Finally found a link to check for a warranty, wait that's not to check a warranty, its to actually just put in a sku not a serial number so you can sell me the next warranty.  Shouldn't you check if i still have one first)

All in all i find your website to be garbage and impossible to find anything i need

It is not as user friendly but it is possible to search for things by specific serials. It's hidden among the other Tools & Resources at https://cway.cisco.com/sncheck/

This looked promising... but didn't work. I put in known good serial numbers, but it came back saying nothing was covered. This is on units that are even less than a year old.

Same here. Came looking to check some serials for warranty coverage and have been stuck in a labyrinth of terrible user interfaces an apps.

Check out the Dells site for comparison https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-au. A google search finds this page as the top result, you enter serial, it tells you everything you need to know. Literally 10 seconds and you're done.

I've been trying for half an hour on Cisco's site and still no luck. The checker site linked above says nothing even through I have valid serial numbers. 

This is really great you find this link and shared here, really helpful. Many thanks.

very well said "worst website i have ever been on"

singfood75907
Level 1
Level 1
no where to check the warranty status. Cisco is an irresponsible manufacturer!
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X