cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements

CISCO SWITCHES FOR SMALL and MEDIUM BUSINESS

Introducing the next generation of Cisco Small and Medium Business Switches. Cisco is refreshing its SMB Switch portfolio. Click here  to learn more.

Views
Helpful
Replies
jbwerbekunst
Beginner

Webview on SRW2024

I am unable to connect to webview on our SRW2024 switch.

I use a macpro G5 running 10.6.8. When i try to connect to it through Safari, Chrome, or Firefox using 192.168.1.254, I receive a message that a connection cannot be established. 192.168.1.254 is the ip mentioned in the manual. I used an ip scanner and it showed the actual ip is  192.168.0.1. But I cannot connect to webview through this ip either. We got this switch a year ago and did not change any settings, we just connected it and it worked fine. But now we want to change some settings on the switch but cannot connect.

I would be very grateful for any help in this matter. Thanks for any help or suggestions in advance.

1 REPLY 1
riroe
Participant

Have you tried connecting to the switch with IE?  I would try it with IE 7. If you are unable to connect with IE I would try downloading a browser called GreenBrowser. When other browsers have failed with our switches this one always come through. You can also try :Install IE Tab  in Firefox. https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/1419

If you know for sure the IP Address on the switch is 192.168.1.254  I would try connecting the switch directly to your PC and set a static IP on your PC that is on the same subnet as the switch. Then try connecting with 192.168.1.254.

THANKS

Rick Roe

Cisco Small Business Support Center