cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Which is the better switch to deploy, SG300-52 or SGE2010?

zeromagallon
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys,

I am presently canvassing switches that can be deployed in our buildings as temporary Distribution switches. I just want to ask for your recommendation between the SG300-52 and SGE2010. Which is better in your experience? The features i am interested in is the ipv6 preparedness of the switch, its features and  performance(Transfer speed, LACP, stability, etc.)

Thanks in advance!

Zero

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

David Carr
Level 6
Level 6

Zero,

By far the sg300-52, you have those functions plus text view cli coming in the next firmware release.  It supports more functionality and it is the next phase for cisco small business switches.  The sge2010 was the top of the last era but in functionality, the sg300-52 tops.  Not to mention you get your true 48 ports for connections and an additional 4 ports for fiber modules or stacking which will be supported in the next firmware.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

David Carr
Level 6
Level 6

Zero,

By far the sg300-52, you have those functions plus text view cli coming in the next firmware release.  It supports more functionality and it is the next phase for cisco small business switches.  The sge2010 was the top of the last era but in functionality, the sg300-52 tops.  Not to mention you get your true 48 ports for connections and an additional 4 ports for fiber modules or stacking which will be supported in the next firmware.

Hi David,

Thank you for your input. You have been a great help!

Have a good one! 

Zero

Hello Zero,

I can only confirm what David wrote here, you should definitely go for the SG300 switch. Not only does it have more features, it's technology is also newer. One thing though, the 300 series will not be stackable as David stated, but the 350 series switches will be (to be released by the end of this year). At that point, they will replace the SFE/SGE series switches which will become end-of-life at that moment.

Hope this helped you in making a decision.

Nico Muselle
Sr. Network Engineer - CCNA

badge number:   C274698

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X