Helpful
Comments
Jo Kern
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Cisco RV340 Series and Cisco UmbrellaPicture1.png

Introduction and Feature Comparison

March 2019

The Cisco RV340 series consists of the RV340, RV340W, RV345, and RV345P models. Starting with firmware release 1.0.2.x these models added the Cisco Umbrella network device integration feature.

Umbrella is a cloud-delivered security platform that protects against threats on the internet. With Umbrella, you gain visibility and enforcement at the DNS-layer, so you can block requests to malicious domains and IPs before a connection to your network or endpoints is ever made. And because it’s built into the foundation of the internet and delivered from the cloud, Umbrella is the simplest security product to deploy and delivers powerful, effective protection.The integration allows for easy setup, enhanced visibility and reporting, and a small business friendly branch license for Cisco Umbrella. For more info look here for a setup guide:https://docs.umbrella.com/hardware-integrations/v1.0/docs/integration-for-rv-series-routers

If you are new to Cisco Umbrella a new branch license was created to allow simple and cost effective security for a small business:

As a Cisco partner you need to select UMBRELLA-SUB in the Cisco ordering tool and then select the option UMB-BRAN-RV.

This process is similar to other Umbrella volume or branch licenses as well.

Name

SKU

Cisco RV340 Umbrella Branch

UMB-BRAN-RV

• License: 1 year
  • Uses Cisco Umbrella Licensing
  • Cisco RV-Branch is a starter pack for a branch
  • A RV security license (LS-RV34X-SEC-1YR=) is not required to use UMB-BRAN-RV
  • For every RV34X router connecting to Umbrella using the Umbrella Integrator you need a UMB-BRAN-RV unless you have a Professional or higher Umbrella license already

Below is a table of comparison of the features you get with the RV Branch License.

2019-03-04_21-49-25.png

Please consult the Cisco Umbrella website umbrella.cisco.com for changes and up-to-date info on the Cisco Umbrella Professional, Insights, and Platform offerings.

Support services need to be added while ordering.

If you’re not currently an Umbrella customer, you can sign up for a free 14-day trial at signup.umbrella.com.

Comments
parkernathan
Level 1
Level 1
I registered for a free Consumer OpenDNS account since I couldn't find the place to register for a Small Business Cisco Umbrella account. Do I need to have OpenDNS Support change my account from a Consumer OpenDNS account to a Cisco Umbrella Business account, or do I need to have them delete my Consumer OpenDNS account and have me register for a Cisco Umbrella Business account? I will be purchasing UMB-BRAN-RV. Thanks!
parkernathan
Level 1
Level 1
I figured it out. I was able to remove my Consumer OpenDNS account, paving the way for me to setup a Cisco Umbrella account.
Jo Kern
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Hi, you have to register for an Umbrella business account.

Best
Jo
parkernathan
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks! My Cisco Partner is getting it setup for me to add to a UMB-BRAN-RV license.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: