Views
Helpful
Replies

Display Caller ID on remote phone when Single Number Reach is enabled on UC560

EduardoRuiz
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, 

I managed to enable Single Number Reach using Cisco Configuration Assistant and it's working as intended. I just have a question. Is it possible to display the caller ID on the remote phone? Currently, when someone calls my company desk phone I'm able to see the caller's ID, but when the call goes to my cell phone it doesn't display who is calling me, instead it shows the main company number. 

Thank you

9 Replies 9

Nathan Gageby
Level 4
Level 4

When you place a call from the phone with SNR do you get the main caller ID or the dedicated DID? Try DNA with the CSS assigned to SNR and see if the CCM is manipulating caller ID?

https://CCMIP/dna

If all calls present the same caller ID this could also be on the gateway.  Please post the DNA result here and the following from the gateway:

show run | sec translation

show run | sec dial-peer

HTH

Hi Nathan, thanks for the prompt reply.

I don't quite understand your question. You are asking.. when I place a call from my cell phone does the main company number shows on the recipient's end? if so, yes it acts like it is the desk phone.

My error on the reply.  I see this is not CCM.  If you call from the desk phone that is setup with a SNR location do you get the main line as caller ID or the DID of that phone?

Desk phone --> PSTN --> Cell. ??What is the caller ID displayed 

No worries, yes the main line shows as the caller ID. 

What type of circuit are you using for PSTN connectivity? 

its not possible, most of the ISP will block or translate the number  to pilot if the ANI is  other than ur your DID range. That's the reason you are getting proper caller-ID when some one calling from your office and showing the pilot number as caller-id when calling from mobile. It's done for  billing purpose. if you need to display the caller-ID as mobile number  you need to to talk to ISP first.

Response Signature

Martin Aleksandrov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Eduardo,

The UC560 runs a version of CME. You can try with removing the snr calling-number local command under the phone-dn configuration mode. Please refer to SNR section of the following administration guide: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/manual/cmeadm/cmesnr.html#task_9DFA7D2B46FF481C8493712D7C0F64A7.

Not sure if the CME version on your UC does support this command though.

Regards,

Martin

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Discussed and answered already: UC560 & PRI Single Number Reach Caller ID

Thank you all,

Dan, I assume this is where I need to make the changes (see attached img) unfortunately I'm new to all this and need advise on what I need to enter on the fields. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: