cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Help with Cisco IP Phones SPA508g

ARDunafan
Level 1
Level 1

I have recently taken over the IT admin role at my employer and I have finally ran into something that I can't quite figure out. We use SPA508g phones in our office. The previous IT guy (quit last March - been empty role since) was the one who set up the office phones. The phones were hooked up to forward any voice mail to the user's email so they can review the voicemails remotely if needed. Now onto the problem, the emails that are hooked up to the phones are no longer used as the company they were under has since dissolved. So the phones are attempting to forward the voicemail to the old invalid emails... I am needing to update the emails associated with the phones but I can't quite figure out how. Any help would be appreciated!

2 Replies 2

luis_cordova
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi @ARDunafan 

That kind of change should be done at the call center.
What type of call center do you have in your company?

Regards

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

As it has been mentioned already by @luis_cordova , phone is just end device. It doesn't do Voice mail at all, thus it has nothing to do with forwarding of VM content elsewhere. It's done by PBX or other call-control device the phones are connected to. Open phone configuration, seek to Ext 1 tab, search for Proxy or Outbound Proxy. It's the address of call control device the phone is registered to. Identify what the device is. The Voice-mail settings needs to be tweaked on it. It includes email targets. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: