cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is it possible to completely factory reset a Cisco 514G that has a customisation?

Kamilt123
Level 1
Level 1

I have about 10 Cisco 514G deskphones from my old provider and I've tried playing around with them however, I've noticed that they are locked down. 

I tried a factory reset but when I log in through the web interface I can see that under customisation it still says 'Vodafone' which was old provider. 

Is there a way to completely clear them and re-use them again?

Many thanks,

Kamil

4 Replies 4

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Factory reset only reset the configuration.

If you have cisco image of the Phone, load that image, it will get to default cisco.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

If you have cisco image of the Phone, load that image, it will get to default cisco.

1. I have second phone with no customization. How I can fetch image from it ?
  2. Now, I have image - either fetched in previous step or taken elsewhere. How I can load it to the customized phone ?

It's not necessary to describe step by step. Just major hints. Thanks.

Ratheesh Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hi there

I am afraid that you can’t change this. Please see he posts and let me know that answered your question

https://community.cisco.com/t5/voice-systems/cisco-spa514g-customization-in-main-page-removal/m-p/3401266

Hope this Helps
Cheers
Rath!

***Please rate helpful posts***

Oh good to know, So its like Mobile device locked to provider. make sense.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: