cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA504G Registr State: Failed - Authenticate

woutervanop
Level 1
Level 1

I have some trouble with configurating my SPA504G. Each time I try to configure it, it gives me the warning "failed - authenticate". I thinks it's strange because I have another cisco ip phone with the same configuration and that phone works perfect. I have tried setting it back to factory settings and configuring it again several times and it doesn't work. Does anyone has a solution for this problem?

1 Reply 1

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

So many possible causes.

At the first, capture SIP packets to verify the phone is trying to register to proper SIP proxy. If yes, upstreab provider shoudl be able to explain why your REGISTER has been rejected. But captured answer to REGISTER may disclose the true cause to you with no upstream help.. Especially if you will have REGISTER/response from both working and non working device, so we can compare them.

Syslog&debug messages (preferably from both devices) may help as well.

Debug and syslog Messages from the SPA3xx, SPA5xxG, SPA9xx, & WIP310 IP Phones

As a blind shot - configuration is not the same. Or - both configurations are same and your upstream doesn't allow simultaneous registration of two devices using same credentials. While "simultaneous" mean registration of other device before registration of the first device has expired.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: