cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

The site cannot be reached ip phone spa303

G.a.G_89
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone , after several researches I decided to write here: I have a problem with my work phones (cisco IP PHONE spa 303) I can't get in to set it up; I open the browser, insert the IP and after a while: The site cannot be reached (192.21. **. ***) it took too long to respond). How can I login  for update my firmware or change configuration ? Thanks 

10 Replies 10

Gregory Brunn
Spotlight
Spotlight

hi, my device is ip phone spa 303 from the image is very similar but the problem is that I just can't connect with him

Step 4. Log in to the Cisco Configuration Assistant (CCA) of the UC500 Series. I don't understand where I'm wrong...

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

It looks rather like network issue than phone issue.

It is a pre-configured phone ? How the 192.21.x.x address has been assigned to it ? I mean - are you sure you know it's IP address correctly/have your phone the IP address you thing ? Is the IP address in question reachable from the computer you are trying to do it ?

Your LAN administrator should be able to help you with those questions.

I used these links : http://phoneIP/admin or http://phoneIP/admin/advanced but I can't see the screen that tells me to log in 

then I tried to open the browser and write my ip but nothing,   I take my ip from the phone :

1. Setup phone 

2. 9 Network  (Current ip)

I can't tell you more, I started working recently here.

And IP of your computer (the one yu are running browser on) is ?

Hi, ip phone  finish with .237  ip pc .67 

Are first three bytes of both addresses identical ? Is the netmask on both computers identical ?

Is the IP address of the phone listed in ARP table of PC ?

And the one older unanswered, question - how the 192.21.x.237 address has been assigned to it ? Did you configured it manually into phone or it has been assigned by DHCP ?

Hi, I have not configured anything is all as I found, the sub mask of the PC and the phone are the same, in the ARP table I do not see the IP of the phone, I think it was automatically assigned (WAN connection type DHCP) under this item I find the IP of my phone.

You definitely need help from LAN administrator. Combination of facts you observed is almost impossible.

If IP address has been assigned by DHCP, then phone have bidirectional network link. If phone have network link AND both phone and your computer have configured same LAN, it will receive and respond ARP packets - and your PC will have appropriate record in ARP table.

But you have no one - it mean something is not true. All facts mentioned needs to be verified.  Your LAN technician will be able to catch packets and verify DHCP communication between phone and DHCP server. He will also check ARP requests/replies between phone and your PC.

Your LAN is either misconfigured badly, or your observations are wrong. Unfortunately, no issue analysis is possible with no reliable facts.

I understand, thanks anyway ;) 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: