cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC320 v2.3.2(6), getting ERR_SSL_FALLBACK_BEYOND_MINIMUM_VERSION

Pedro Macedo
Level 1
Level 1

In late November 2014, while I tried to connect to a UC320 with version 2.3.2(6) via the WAN interface, I got the following error on my Chrome Browser (I have a Windows 7 PC):

ERR_SSL_FALLBACK_BEYOND_MINIMUM_VERSION

I looked at the Chrome forums (https://groups.google.com/a/chromium.org/forum/#!topic/security-dev/Vnhy9aKM_l4) and read that starting on version 39 (the one I have) SSLv3 fallback would be disabled.

Tried to connect with Firefox, all went fine for a couple of weeks until it stopped working. Same thing with Explorer v11 (I downgraded to v10, and it isn't working either); with IE, I do get the "Blue Screen" from the UC320, but never get the full page to enter User & Password (I have tried the Compatibility options without success).

I serve a large UC320 installed base and it is critical for me being able to do remote support. I still have some Windows XP PC's from which I can connect to the UC320's, but I need to do it from the newer PC's that I have.

Any ideas on how to fix this? Either Chrome, Firefox or IE flags to modify? Or any patches on the UC320?

Thanks,

Pedro.

2 Replies 2

Dramaturg7675
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Pedro,

I have the same problem on Chrome: "ERR_SSL_FALLBACK_BEYOND_MINIMUM_VERSION", however I tested another browser: Opera.

Opera did complain about the certificate, however I was able to skip that.

I get the following HTML output: http://paste.ubuntu.com/9691770/ HOWEVER the Flash does not load.

It seems to be an issue with the HTTPS of the UC320 itself, as it also does not work when connected directly to a LAN port.

Any updates from CISCO re: this issue? Were you able to solve it?

My humble idea: I am thinking to do a port forwarding Port 8081 to 192.168.10.1:80 - so I can access the HTTP interface, but this didn´t work. Maybe I did set something wrong in the port forwarding, but this might be a dirty fix.

Hi,

I created a SR with the TAC and the workaround they suggest (and it is working) is to use Firefox version 32. You have to go to the "Tools --> Options --> Advanced --> Update" menu and disable the "automatic update" so it won't change to v 34.

We tried IE 10 and IE 11, tweaking the Internet Options to use only SSL v3 (disabling SSL v2 and all TLS options) but I haven't been able to make it work. I need to do further testings, but haven't had the time. Following is MIcrosoft a link the TAC provided, that discusses the issue:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/security/3009008.aspx

The TAC is looking to see if the Developers will provide a patch for the UC320 firmware, but it doesn't seem likely. So I'll have to stick with Firefox v32 for the moment.

Regards,

Pedro.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: