cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC320W, still...

cisconaut
Level 1
Level 1
Hello all, again, PLEASE HELP! I know Cisco wasn't happy with this jump into SOHO and tries to forget about this...but still , there some of these little beasts out there. I think I could be perfectly happy with it, had I all relevant documentation I need to solve problems on my own. So, if any Ciscians are reading this AND understand other peoples needs, AND do remember the UC320W, plaese talk to me and tell me whether it is possible to release "insider" info, at the very least a way to CLI into the OS (there's e.g. a telnet way, well, credentials needed). Since obviously nobody gives a ..uhum about supporting it, that should be of no concern, shouldn't it? Any other way to "console" into it? Via USB? Do I really have to solder the JTAG socket on it? The absolutely minimal help you could give me is tell me how to make the UC320W accept SPA525 phones with a higher firmware revision (one phone is too "new", the UC constantly tries to update to a lower revision, which the phone denies) - how can this be accomplished? Is there any documentation upon generating PMF files? Any trick via USB? This is really driving me nuts, because the solution to that problem should be simple, right? It's just that there is nothing to be found...so, PLEASE! Regards, André
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi, 

I tried to downgrade standalone SPA525G2 from latest firmware version, but the lowest possible version is 7.5.5a or 7.5.5b. When I try to make downgrade from 7.5.5a or 7.5.5b to 7.5.5 or lower version I get the error message " Forbidden Image for This Hardware". This is because of hardware limitations:

Hardware

Firmware 7.5.5 supported

Firmware 7.5.5b or later supported

Firmware downgrade from 7.5.5b to 7.5.5 supported

128mb flash

No

Yes

No

32mb flash

Yes

Yes

Yes

Hardware identified by serial number CCQ18160L03 or later support 128mb flash.

I was not able to find FW 7.5.2 (u2) firmware version, but I think it is not related to UC320W. For example 7.5.6(XU) is custom firmware release, but for example 7.5.6(XU) release Notes for Cisco Small Business are describing that the different thing using this version is:
"The Custom CA feature is not supported in this release" and "The Secure Call feature is not supported in this release." - I mean XU is not related to UC320W for example.

Please rate this post or marked as answered to help other Cisco customers.

Iliya Gatsev
Cisco TAC Network Engineer
Together we are the human network .:|:.:|:. CISCO

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Iliya Gatsev
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi, 
My name is Iliya Gatsev from Cisco Technical Support Team.

Let me check whats can be done.

Iliya Gatsev

Most welcome!

And spassiba..

André

Meanwhile I've learned that, beginning with S/N CCQ18160L03, the SPA525G2 has a slightly updated HW and the lowest compatible FW is 7.5.5a. I've put that version on the phone, but still it is in the "Refresh voice-component - Resynch" cycle, every 2 minutes or so. In between I can make e.g. an internal call, as long it is in calling or connected or hold state, it stays there - I can play MOH for hours, so basically it seems without further issues; but as soon as I hang up, it restarts/reloads again. My other phone has a lower S/N, with FW "2.5.2 (u2)" (don't know what the u2 means, some special revision for UC320W use?) on it.

Regards,

André

Sorry, typo,  FW 7.5.2 (u2), of course

Hi, 

I tried to downgrade standalone SPA525G2 from latest firmware version, but the lowest possible version is 7.5.5a or 7.5.5b. When I try to make downgrade from 7.5.5a or 7.5.5b to 7.5.5 or lower version I get the error message " Forbidden Image for This Hardware". This is because of hardware limitations:

Hardware

Firmware 7.5.5 supported

Firmware 7.5.5b or later supported

Firmware downgrade from 7.5.5b to 7.5.5 supported

128mb flash

No

Yes

No

32mb flash

Yes

Yes

Yes

Hardware identified by serial number CCQ18160L03 or later support 128mb flash.

I was not able to find FW 7.5.2 (u2) firmware version, but I think it is not related to UC320W. For example 7.5.6(XU) is custom firmware release, but for example 7.5.6(XU) release Notes for Cisco Small Business are describing that the different thing using this version is:
"The Custom CA feature is not supported in this release" and "The Secure Call feature is not supported in this release." - I mean XU is not related to UC320W for example.

Please rate this post or marked as answered to help other Cisco customers.

Iliya Gatsev

cisconaut
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

right, learned and accepted that already. Have to get an older model, hardware-wise. Beyond that, I still dream of maybe one of these days getting the "insider" documentation in order to modify the system on my own - shouldn't actually be such a big deal, as it is mainly open-source/linux/asterisk-based anyway.

Thank you very much anyway for taking care of that.

Wish you a Happy New Year,

André