Views
Helpful
Replies

VOIP question & Linksys/Sipura SPA-1001

jaholstein
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

My son [who is not available to help] setup my home VOIP perhaps 10 years ago.

I use a Linksys/Sipura SPA-1001 which continues to work marvelously.

My provider has been Flowroute,.com,  This has saved me about $30/month compared to an AT&T home line.

My internet is provided by AT&T.  Below are 2 screen shots of firewall settings you may want.

Flowroute is stopping their PoP server and making me choose a different one - and I'm very worried that I'll ruin my VOIP service.

Flowroute's SUPPORT has been very little help.  

Here are the instructions:

To take advantage of the failover and load balancing capabilities of our network, please whitelist SIP traffic (i.e. UDP/TCP port 5060) to and from all IP ranges below.

To receive Direct Audio, allow UDP packets from any source IP address with a destination port within your system's RTP media port range which varies by phone system. Refer to your system documentation for your specific range.

Tech support said if the SPA-1001 has "no place to white list the IPs. If that is true it will likely not work".

This is the new PoP US-West-OR     34.210.91.112/28, 34.210.91.112-34.210.91.127

Attached are 2 SPA-1001 setup screen shots for the system that works just fine:

• Do I need to make any firewall adjustments?
  • I have no idea why the proxy to port 5160 works when they want port 5060!
  • I have no idea where my son got the RTP port numbers, but they work!

What else is needed for someone to answer my plea for help?

Jim

0 Replies 0
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: