cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Working SPA-2102 is reducing internet download speeds to 7-12 mbps connected to a cable modem running at 100+ mbps

mberg75
Level 1
Level 1

On a home network, a working SPA-2102 (software version 5.2.13[004]) is reducing internet download speeds to 7-12 mbps connected to a cable modem running at 100+ mbps.  No specs seem to be available as to throughput capabilities of this device nor alternate devices.  Am I at its limits or do I have a configuration problem?  Am connected to a registered Vitelity.net SIP sub-account and can dial out and received calls.  Have configured QOS to minimum.  Physical wiring makes it very difficult to place the SPA-2102 anywhere else in network other than between the cable modem and the main wireless router.  Can't believe no one else has encountered this problem.

Suggestions?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I have no experience with SPA2102 device, but I'm familiar with (newer) SPA5xx family. It contain no true switch inside. There's just CPU with two network interfaces. Packets are switched by CPU.  You should not connect connect PC behind VoIP device, use independent LAN connection instead. Otherwise expect very limited speed.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I have no experience with SPA2102 device, but I'm familiar with (newer) SPA5xx family. It contain no true switch inside. There's just CPU with two network interfaces. Packets are switched by CPU.  You should not connect connect PC behind VoIP device, use independent LAN connection instead. Otherwise expect very limited speed.

Thanks for the information.