Views
Helpful
Replies

Access Point Reboot

anoukfashion
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Cisco experts,

I  have an Access Point Cisco AP541N, working great, except that every 1  or 2 weeks, clients cannot connect anymore to it. I need to reboot it.

I recently updated the firmware to the latest version (AP541N-K9-2.0(0)), but that didn't help.

Is there a way on cisco access points to automate a daily reboot?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Cheers

4 Replies 4

jasbryan
Level 6
Level 6

Hi,

There is no way to reboot the device via power schedule management. You actually have to physically pull the power or shut it down via web interface. This is strange behavior, seeing as am running AP541N in our lab with 3 SSID 3 different vlans. I haven't had to power cycle my unit. I would start looking into radio interference , location of AP541N. The AP541N should not be locking up, and acting this way.I would start digging in root cause of this problem. Setting up syslogs servers capture as much data  as possible. search the AIR with INSSIDER program mapping out other wireless networks. Making sure all settings are optimal on the AP. Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Jasbryan

Cisco Support Engineer

.:|:.:|:.

Thanks Jasbryan for your answer. I will follow your advises, and hope to solve the problem soon.

Cheers

Hi Jasbryan,

Oh!

This problem exists / exixted on the Linksis Wireless G and the Cisco WAP4410N!

I have 3 sites and the problem exists with each of the above bits of kit on the 3 sites, that's 6 combinations!

To resolve the problem I have moved the Access points, no joy!  Firmware updates yes only now they are worse. I have monitored the  chanels. One of the WAP4410N now only works with a limited selection on  the setup menue. It feels like these items get worse with age, burn in? (timing changes due to power on time?)

It is not important if there items fall over due to EMC pulses, but they must self recover!

I  have just been told that the AP541N has had a firmware update that  cures this reboot problem, as I was the ones I have listed, they need  constant rebooting, and that in my opinion makes them not fit for  purpose!

What I have already purchased should work and I suspect the AP541N uses the same chipset? So why can't you provide a firmware update for the items I have?

I need 3 bits of kit that work and will stay working or I will loose my customer.

Please Help

ANYONE HOW HAS AP541 N IF YOU CANT CONNECT TO THE INTERNET JUST PRESS THE RESET BUTTON IN RED PUSH IT IN 10 SEC LEAVE IT 5 SEC THEN YOUR ROUTER WIL GET BACK ONLINE 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: