cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Aironet 2600 APs not seen by or joining 2504 WLC after power outage

bmtlibdist
Level 1
Level 1

I work for a Library as the only IT/Network associate.

The library's WiFi consists of two Aironet 2600 AP's plugged into ports 3 and 4 of a WLC 2504.  It's been a while, but I believe it originally set the AP's up as a pass-through.

After recovering from a power-outage the WLC no longer sees the AP's.  the AP LED are blinking green.  Date and time are correct.  I went as far as resetting the AP's, uploading the config file, factory resetting the WLC, configuring it, and finally downloading the original config file.  No AP's show.

Any suggestion?  It would be greatly appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
I know why.
Where is the WLC getting it's time from?
I suspect the time and date of the WLC is wrong.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Angel_Inglese
Level 1
Level 1
Hi!

Can you provide logs? each time the AP tries to connect the WLC? can you access vía console the AP, so you can get the AP logs point of view? whats the status in WLC after each time you reboot the AP?

that could be helpful as well,

Well, as I resigned myself to gather the logs you requested, it occurred to me - doe to the fact that the WiFi worked without fail every day at a certain time - that the time was off on the switch.  The power outage didn't affect the time on the router, so I didn't bother checking the switch time.

I have a time-range ACL that blocks traffic to the switch port used by the WLC.

Thanks for your help, though.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
I know why.
Where is the WLC getting it's time from?
I suspect the time and date of the WLC is wrong.

That was exactly the issue.  I'm a little embarrassed I didn't find this sooner.  The time on the switch was 8 hours behind.  I have a time-range ACL that blocks traffic to the switch port used by the WLC.

I didn't think to check the time on the switch because the power outage didn't affect the time on the router.

Thanks for the response.