Views
Helpful
Replies

AP541N-A-K9 Guest Access Authentication

matthewe1
Level 1
Level 1

Good Day,

I currently have two AP541N access points.  Both are configured for internal access and one unit is configured with a Guest VAP.  I want to configure the Guest VAP to redirect to an authentication page so that the user connecting has to log in to get internet access.  I'm fairly certain the AP541N doesn't offer this out of the box.  I know I can redirect, but what is needed to force a user to authenticate to gain internet access.  I want to find out what additional hardware/software I will need in order to create Guest Services of this VAP.  I am trying to find a simple inexpensive solution.  Any ideas?  Thank you in advance.                    

Matt

1 Reply 1

Tom Watts
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Matt, you may consider to look in to WAP321, it supports the Captive Portal.

If the resources are available, may be able to use url redirect to hit an internal webserver and filter requests there. This would be interesting to see. The url redirect wouldn't garauntee no internet access unless you have something that can manage your outbound connections such as a proxy.

-Tom
Please rate helpful posts

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/