Views
Helpful
Replies

AP541n clustering - wireless neighbourhood

pmurray209
Level 1
Level 1

I have 2 AP541n's on firmware 1.9.2.

They provide two SSID's on different vlan's, so far so good.

However, on the wireless neighbourhood tab it only shows one of the SSID's as being in the cluster.

The other SSID does show, but only when not in cluster or both is selected.

I can access both SSID's fine, its just this management page that doesnt quite work.

I have removed and added them again, it seems that only the SSID first in the list wireless -> wireless network setup page shows as being in the cluster.

Have I missed something or is this a feature?

If it is a feature, can it be fixed?

Paul

3 Replies 3

sveinskogen
Level 1
Level 1

Let's just see if I understand you correctly:

You have
2 AP541n, set up in clustering mode, with two VAPs defined (on both, as a result of the clustering)? And only one of the VAP SSIDs is detected as in clustering mode?

//Svein

Hi,

See responses below

2 AP541n, set up in clustering mode, Yes

with two VAPs defined (on both, as a result of the clustering)? Yes

And only one of the VAP SSIDs is detected as in clustering mode? Not quite. There are 3 radio buttons (in cluster, not in cluster and both). Selecting both shows all the SSID's. Selecting in cluster shows only VAP 0. Slecting not in cluster shows all the SSID's.

I have attached some images showing the issue as well as the VAP config page.

Thanks

Well, at least you're getting more info than I was able to. I set up a secondary VAP, and lo-and-behold it didn't show up at all in the cluster neighbourhood. Only the primary SSID does.

I'm not sure this is "a bug", unless you count "limitations in the 802.11 standard" a bug.

//Svein

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: