Views
Helpful
Replies

AP541N-E-K9: Clustering and VAPs

eskild.skaar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have configured two AP541N in a cluster, but only VAP0,  is listed as clustered. None of the VAPs seems to be clustered. What can I configure to get all SSIDs clustered?

Product Identifier:AP541N-E-K9
Hardware Version:V01
Software Version:AP541N-K9-2.0(4)

Thanks!

22 Replies 22

I added one more SSID (test) with VLAN1, and it is not listed under Cluster -> Wireless Neighborhood.

The new SSID is listed under Status -> Traffic Statistics.

Also, if I enable Rogue AP Detection, none of the SSIDs is listed under Cluster -> Wireless Neighborhood:

"Neighboring access point information not available"

After a while one of my SSIDs is listed, but the cluster seems to be corrupted:

Alright, please ensure all AP are on the latest software

http://www.cisco.com/cisco/software/release.html?mdfid=282790482&catid=278875243&softwareid=282804210&release=2.0.4&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=latest

-Tom
Please rate helpful posts

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/

I have the latest FW:

AP541N-K9-2.0(4)

After disabling the Rogue AP Detection, the cluster Wireless Neighborhood does not show the same information as previously. Only one AP is listed. The information is identical in both APs:

Hi,

are there no more input from Cisco engineers on this? Is there an existing CDETS on this?

BR,

//Eskild

Hi Eskild, can you verify all SSID are broadcasting and you are able to connect to them?

-Tom
Please rate helpful posts

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/

Sure, all SSIDs are working properly and are broadcasting. I have tested all of them on both AP541s.

New config are even synched between the two APs, so the clustering bit seems to work properly, and it might just be the status display on "Cluster->Wireless Neighborhood" that is not working properly on my end.

But what worries me even more is that I have noticed the stability of the APs to be a bit dodgy after I created the cluster.

I had one AP setup first for about three weeks before I purchased another one. During this period the AP was rock stable. Then after purchasing another one, I created the cluster, and after 2-3 days, I noticed that some packets were not forwarded through the AP. The problem got worse, and I had to reboot the AP to solve the problem. At first I noticed that the client was not able to resolve DNS requests. Then ICMP requests was not responded to from hosts on the local network, and RDP was not working properly. I did not tests packets towards hosts outside the local subnet. I will do that the next time I experience this issue.

I read through the release notes, and “CSCth14132—Station Isolation is Sporadic”, seemed to match the issue I experienced pretty good.

As beeing an Cisco engineer (eskaar) myself, I have sent you an email with some additional information regarding CSCth14132.

Any thoughts about the instability I experienced? Have you come across it yourself?

Thanks,

//Eskild

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: