cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AP541n - SNMP Uptime Incorrect, Contact and Location Information Unchanged

Ed Melendez
Level 1
Level 1

I have two AP541N's (running the latest firmware - v2.0.0) which I recently started monitoring via SNMP.  Everything appeared fine until I rebooted the devices and noticed that the uptime was coming back as 200+ days.  At no point in time have I been able to update the contact or location information.

If I perform a manual snmpwalk, I get the following:

SNMPv2-MIB::sysDescr.0 = STRING: Linux Cisco Small Business (none) 2.6.21.5 #1 Tue Feb 22 15:50:58 EST 2011 mips64

SNMPv2-MIB::sysObjectID.0 = OID: SNMPv2-SMI::enterprises.9.1.1135

DISMAN-EVENT-MIB::sysUpTimeInstance = Timeticks: (2465680884) 285 days, 9:06:48.84

SNMPv2-MIB::sysContact.0 = STRING: Unknown

SNMPv2-MIB::sysName.0 = STRING: (none)

SNMPv2-MIB::sysLocation.0 = STRING: Unknown

How can I go about resolving these issues?

Thanks,

-Ed

3 Replies 3

Ed Melendez
Level 1
Level 1

Bueller... Bueller... Bueller...???

Hello Ed -- Apologies for overlooking your earlier post. I discussed this with product engineering today. The good news is that this issue will be addressed in firmware v2.0.2. The not so good news -- the firmware will likely not be available until 2012. (However you might want to check back towards the end of 2011 to learn if there's a beta firmware available from the Small Business Support Center).

Thanks for asking, thanks for the reminder (LOL), and thanks for participating in the Community.

Stephanie Reaves

Cisco Small Business

Hey Stephanie-

No worries about overlooking the post, and I'm glad you found humor in my previous reply...

Thanks for checking into the matter.  I definitely would love the issue fixed, but I can wait until the official release.  Not that I don't trust beta's, but I don't trust beta's ... and the issue is more of a cosmetic one, than a performance hinderance.

Thanks Again,

-Ed

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: