cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AP541N to external freeradius connection problem

bastardz12
Level 1
Level 1

Hi. I want to authenticate users with freeradius server installed on external pfsense firewall.

I've added GUEST ssid and set security to Dynamic WEP (or WPA Enterprise). My external pfsense freeradius server has ip 192.168.168.50 and listen on port 1812 and 1813 (I've also tried 1645 and 1646). I see no connection from Cisco AP. Any idea what am I doing wrong?

What port Cisco is making connection on?

I did some test with tools radtest from my ubuntu workstation and has no problem with connection.

1 Reply 1

jonatrod
Level 7
Level 7

Good day,

Thank you for using our forum, my name is Johnnatan I am part of the Small business Support community. It is a pleasure provided assistance with this Cisco product.

Can I ask you a little more details about your topology?

I will give you some advises, you can try disabling your OS firewall just to verity in with out it you can access, but just for test.

Also ensure that the ports 1812 and 1813 are permitted in ACL in the AP firewall, Router and also OS you are using. Please try this one and let me know if you have any question.

I hope you find this answer useful,

*Please mark the question as Answered or rate it so other users can benefit from it"

Greetings,

Johnnatan Rodriguez Miranda.

Cisco Network Support Engineer.

“Please rate useful posts so other users can benefit from it” Greetings, Johnnatan Rodriguez Miranda. Cisco Network Support Engineer.