cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Attempting install of 140AC-B access points

chrisryan
Level 1
Level 1

So, I have about 20 CBW140AC-B access points I need to install.  Booted the first one, no problem, got it setup, assigned a static IP for the management, it's listed as the primary / Master AP.  I plug in a second AP the network (same network, same VLAN) it goes through all of it's boot process etc.  Then it shows up as a pending AP.  Just a moment after it appears as a pending AP, the light goes blank and there is an IEEE_DISCONNECT message in the log of the switch, and then the AP is never able to boot again.  I can plug it in, no lights come on, it draws 15.4W instead of the 8.something watts that it should.  Basically it appears to be bricked.  I thought it might have something to do with getting the latest software from the Master AP so unplugged the master AP.  I plugged in another new AP to the same the cable the master AP worked on.  AP boots (seems to get new firmware) reboots etc and gets to the point of setup with the ciscobusiness-setup SSID.  I then unplug, replug in the master, wait for it to boot, replug in the new AP, it goes through all of its process, shows up as pending and then IEEE_DISCONNECT, AP goes dark and it never boots / lights up again.  Yes, I have tried the factory reset with the mode button.   Any ideas?

1 Reply 1

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Post the full  text of the IEEE_DISCONNECT message as seen in the log.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: