Views
Helpful
Replies

Beach Resort Network Recommendation

Adel Ahmed
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings everyone!

I recently was assigned to handle a small beach resort consisting of 15 caravan rooms in beach front a 2 floor restaurant in the middle. 

Currently our network uses Unifi controller, switch and 7 access points.

I faced multiple issues with the restaurant connectivity with the waiter tablets losing connection frequently which affects operation. I tried multiple settings that the Unifi team recommended me but nothing fixed that issue which is pushing me to look for an alternative solution from Cisco before we proceed with buying 15 access points for each of our caravan rooms.

What would be the most suitable ceiling mount access points for restaurant and in wall access points for the caravan rooms?

We intend to increase our caravan rooms to up to 40 in the near future so we need to have controllers that will handle more access points and clients.

4 Replies 4

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

@Adel Ahmed wrote:

What would be the most suitable ceiling mount access points for restaurant and in wall access points for the caravan rooms?

I always have one answer to anyone asking this sort of question:  Get a wireless site survey done properly.

The current access points provide good bandwidth and signal, but the issue is that the tablets that are used by the restaurant for making orders use an application that frequently detects "no internet connection" when there is a fluctuation in the wifi connection.

As suggested - if you do not like business effected and rely on wireless for business toi run

- do proper Wireless survey

- what devices you have and expected to connect, before hand test it.

- make sure fat roaming tested (Hope tablets are roaming i guess here) - or fixed PoS ?

- how bout the same application if you test using Wired network - is this works all time ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

@Adel Ahmed wrote:

The current access points provide good bandwidth and signal

The statement above contradicts to the statement below: 

@Adel Ahmed wrote:

frequently detects "no internet connection" when there is a fluctuation in the wifi connection

The resort has already made a big mistake by "designing" the WiFi on the cheap.  Now the resorts wants to play "double or nothing" and gamble some more by not heeding recommended best practice of getting a proper WiFi site survey done professionally.  

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: