cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can a WAP4410N be used as a repeater on a WPA2 + EAP-TLS WLAN?

alec.waters
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

Can a WAP4410N be used as a repeater on an existing WPA2 + EAP-TLS WLAN? The existing WLAN is on a Cisco 871W router; we hope to use a WAP4410N as a repeater to extend it.

I've not had much luck so far with the "repeater" and "WDS repeater" AP modes on the 4410. I'm either configuring it wrong, or perhaps the 871W needs a config tweak? Or perhaps the 871's wireless can't be repeatered like this?

Any ideas?

many thanks,

alec

4 Replies 4

streaves
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Alec,

Thanks for participating in the Small Business Support Community. I've posed your question to our engineers and the short answer is "no".

WAP4410N can only repeat or bridge other supported Small Business APs/Routers.

Thanks again for your participation and, although probably not the answer you wanted, I hope this helps.

Stephanie Reaves

Cisco Small Business

Hi Stephanie,

Thanks for the helpful reply.

If I can't use a WAP4410N to repeat EAP-TLS from an 871W router, what product should I use instead?

many thanks,

alec

Thanks for your answer streaves, but short answers usually lead to more questions:

Is it the 871W able to be the AP for WDS?

Paul

Shared these questions with the Wireless Engineering team as well. (Not my expertise, sorry.) Here is their reply:

To our knowledge Cisco 871W does not support a WDS feature working with WAP4410N; we recommend  WAP4410N-to-WAP4410N when using WDS feature (Repeater/Bridge).

Hope this helps. Thanks again for the good questions.

Stephanie Reaves

Cisco Small Business Technology Group