cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can't Access WET200

mscmfdadmin
Level 1
Level 1

I just purchased a WET200 wireless bridge. After trying a very long password for an enterprise certificate the bridge restarted and I have not been able to contact the device with the default 192.168.1.226 ip address. I have tried performing a reset even by holding the reset button in for a minute. The bridge will not ping either. I do have a power light and the wireless light flashes and the Ethernet port lights function when plugged into my laptop. Is there a way to communicate with the bridge or does it require service? Please reply.

3 Replies 3

Eric Moyers
Level 7
Level 7

Hi, My name is Eric Moyers. I am a Network Support Engineer in the Cisco Small Business Support Center. Thank you for using the Cisco Community Post Forums.

Sorry to hear about your troubles, couple of question to see if we can get you going.

I see that you held the reset button for a minute. Was the power on at that time? Also make sure the button is actually depressed. (Sometimes the pin or paperclip will slip off the button and it only seems that you are depressing it.) Normally I will hold it 30 - 35 seconds with the power on, that should reset it back to factory.

If that doesn't work, did you leave the WET on a static IP, or was it changed? Try if changed what was it chagned too?

Thanks

Eric Moyers

Cisco Network Support Engineer

SBSC Wireless and Surveillance SME

CCNA, CCNA-Wireless

1-866-606-1866

Eric,

I tried to do another reset. With the power on, I held the reset button in with a solid tool that came with my cd drive for well over a minute. I faced the WET200 so that I could put a firm downward pressure on the button. I still cannot communicate to the WET200.

Also, I have not changed the default static ip of the WET200.

My best guess is that when I updated the password for the wireless certificate that there is not a password length check in the source code and it might have overwrote part of the firmware?

Finally, I tried using the Wireshark application to see if there was anything coming from the WET200. I can see my laptop sense and query a device on the network cable but the WET200 does not respond with any information.

Is there anything else that I can try?

Regards,

Jim

At this point I can't think of anything else. Best bet now, is to call into the Support Center and work with one of the answering agents. Sorry I was unable to help further.

Please call 1-866-606-1866. They will ask for a Cisco User ID and the serial number of your device.

Have a great day.

Thanks

Eric Moyers

Cisco Network Support Engineer

SBSC Wireless and Surveillance SME

CCNA, CCNA-Wireless

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: