cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can't choose wireless channel for WAP4410N

lhrandall
Level 1
Level 1

I have been having some connectivity problems and one suggested solution was to upgrade networking firmware. I did this for our router (Cisco RVS4000 v2) and it didn't help, so I moved on to the wireless access points (two WAP4410N). Before doing that, I also reset both to factory default settings - neither would respond to pressing the reset button but it seemed to work using the web interface for both.

Before I did anything to the WAP4410Ns, I noticed they were connected in B/G/N-Mixed mode to channel 6. Now the wireless network mode is stuck on Disable. I can choose B/G/N-Mixed from the dropdown list, but can't choose a channel - the dropdown list for that is empty. And if I try to choose Save after choosing B/G/N-Mixed, it reverts to Disable.

Sorry if this is a dumb question. I'm not a pro. Thanks in advance.

1 Reply 1

lhrandall
Level 1
Level 1

Just to follow up: I ended up contacting customer service and it turned out one of the devices was faulty. I don't know if that had anything to do with my original connectivity problem, but the issue I was asking about above is getting resolved.