cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can't update firmware on WAP2000

johndesouza
Level 1
Level 1

I have a working WAP2000 that won't accept the 2.0.3.4 upgrade file.  After selecting the file and pressing the UPDATE button, I receive the following error:

This webpage is not available.

The webpage at http://192.168.254.246/upgrade.cgi might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.

More information on this error

Below is the original error message

Error 101 (net::ERR_CONNECTION_RESET): Unknown error.
-------------------------

Hardware Version:1.0
Software Version:2.0.0.5
Local MAC Address:

5 Replies 5

johndesouza
Level 1
Level 1

Tried with IE 8, FF 3 and Chrome.  Same results in all.

Hi John -- Sorry I can't replicate this. The 2.0.0.5 download is working for me. Please try clearing your cache and cookies and donwloading from http://www.cisco.com/cisco/software/release.html?mdfid=282414134. Login is not required.

Let us know if it works.

Thanks,

Stephanie Reaves

Cisco Small Business

rubbereend
Level 1
Level 1

I have the same problem here. the original firmware is:

Hardware Version 

Rev.01
Software Version  1.0.16

Is there an other way to upgrade the firmware?

I also tried version 2.0.0.5, same problem.

the link in the previous post does'nt seem to work...

greetings

Jan, I was able to solve my original problem by doing the firmware upgrade from another PC.  Why the original PC which had done 1 previous upgrade would not work, I don't know.  Try it from a different PC.

Hi, John.

I tried with serveral computers, different operation systems nothing worked until i diisconnected the power from the device after the WAP2000 boots up again it's possible to upgrade.

thx,

Jan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: