Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Captive Portal with two or more WAP321

Hello,

I plan to use the WAP321 as a WLAN Hotspot. But I need more than one AP. What is the Design for this?

Do I need to configure every WAP321 with the captive portal and the user need to re-login every time they roam to another WAP321?

Or can I redirect all WAP321 AP to one captive portal?

Thank for your support.

Christian

- Please rate helpful posts -
6 Replies 6

info
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Christian,

how did you solve it?

Tks.

Nicola

Hey Nicola,

until now there is no solution for this issue. I reported it to cisco and they will add it in the next Firmware.

I got this answer on August 31th:

We have submitted your request for the "DE-WAP321-feature  request - more characters for the captive portal" to be added to the firmware. This might take months to come up with a firmware that will have the feature added in. Please  check future firmware for this Bug number "CSCub92801" . We will place on the release note of future firmware upgrades to the DE-WAP321. At this point we will be close this case

best regards

Christian

- Please rate helpful posts -

Ciao Christian,

many tks for your prompt answer.......................

I was hoping for a positive answer.....

I'm obliged to find another solution with another company..............

Probably cisco as "small business" really means to a very small business with little offices..................

In any case Grazie.............

..... I have just canceled the order of 3 WAP321 ...........

Ciao

Nicola,

It may be too late, but with the new version1.0.2.3 software you can create a cluster of up to 8 WAP321's in order to share one configuration.  The feature is called Single Point.   Here is a paper on the feature

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/wireless/ps5678/ps12237/ps12249/brochure_c02-717568.pdf

Tks John,

it's to late...............................

Probably I found a "professional" solution.....

I bought

1 AIR-CT2504-5-K9 (AIR-CT2504-5-K9 2504 Wireless Controller)

3 AIR-CAP2602I-E-K9 ( 802.11N CAP W/CLEANAIR)

Expensive, but very professional

OTTIMO............ I'm very satisfied!!!!!!!!!!!!!!