Views
Helpful
Replies

CBW140AC-B not working out of box

EvanC75
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am having major issues setting up a CBW140AC-B out of the box.  I have it plugged into the PoE port of my router and per the instructions, I waited until it cycled to flashing green light.  Then again per the instructions, I am supposed to connected to SSID CiscoBusiness-Setup.  However the SSID never shows up.  I scanned with both laptop and smartphone.  I have unplugged and plugged the AP in again.  It then goes through a never ending cycle of of red, amber, and green.  I am having great difficulty finding troubleshooting steps online, I can't even find how to factory reset the thing.  Do I hold down the mode button or just press it briefly?  Sorry I am very lost.

Regards.
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

May be worth installing 7.0 and testing it, or opening a TAC case to help fix the issue?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

17 Replies 17

umplug it, press the botton, plug it and hold for 30 seconds

After I release the button after 30 seconds is there a visual indication of when I should start looking for the SSID?
Regards.

Booting up the access point will take about 8–10 minutes. The LED will blink green in multiple patterns, alternating rapidly through green, red, and amber before turning green again. There may be small variations in the LED color intensity and hue.

OK I held the button for 30 seconds on power up, during that time in rotating from green to amber and when I let go it is just blocking green. I am now waiting the 10 minutes
Regards.

Well no luck I'm afraid.  I observed the AP and it looks like it is in a boot loop.

Power up

Blink green only for 90 seconds

Goes to solid green for 30 seconds

Blink green only again for 15 seconds

Then blink red only for 15 seconds

Then cycle green red amber for 60 seconds

It then powers off for 10 seconds

Then powers up and blinks green only again for 90 seconds

Then solid green for 15 seconds

Then blinking green again

The above just repeats indefinitely.

The SSID still never shows up.

Regards.

I think you have a secondary AP.

• Primary APs— CBW140AC, CBW145AC, CBW240AC

You need to start with a Primary AP. 

I am working with a CBW140AC. I plugged it into another Cisco router and I was successful in getting it to boot up. I was plugging it into a Cisco Firepower 1010 originally which is supposed to have PoE support. I wonder if it wasn’t supplying enough power. The power brick is 115 watts. The instructions says in supports PoE+ so not sure why it won’t power up the CBW140AC properly.
Regards.

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Turn off the device give 2min break, turn on again process again.

The LED will cycle through green, amber, and red. This is normal and can take up to 6 minutes. The device is not ready until the LED is consistently blinking green or solid green.

BB

I did that, same result, still infinitely power cycles. It looks to be a bug with the shipped firmware v6.6. I have to get smartnet set up so I can download the latest firmware for the firepower 1010.
Regards.

I also ordered the 150 watt power supply which may or may not be needed.

Regards.

not sure  - we're discussing here CBW140AC or Firepower please clarify?

BB

Sorry for the confusion. I am working with both but the problem is the 140AC does not currently work on the firepower 1010 firmware version 6.6 due to a bug. I am trying to get smartnet activated so I can download the version 7 firmware for firepower to see if that fixes the boot problem on the 140AC. Right now the 140AC will not boot when plugged into the PoE port on firepower 1010. Instead it just infinitely power cycles. I plugged the 140AC into PoE port of another router (RV345P) and it worked fine with it so I’m pretty sure it is a bug on firepower 1010 firmware.
Regards.

Do you mean FP used to power AP, that was not working?

as per I know 6.5 FP onwards support PoE

BB

Right. My FP shipped with version 6.6 which supports PoE but there is apparently a bug where it misclassifies the AP as a device with higher power requirements which is wrong. The FP gets confused and kills the AP and then the AP power cycles which starts the infinite loop.
Regards.