Views
Helpful
Replies

CBW140AC-B not working out of box

EvanC75
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am having major issues setting up a CBW140AC-B out of the box.  I have it plugged into the PoE port of my router and per the instructions, I waited until it cycled to flashing green light.  Then again per the instructions, I am supposed to connected to SSID CiscoBusiness-Setup.  However the SSID never shows up.  I scanned with both laptop and smartphone.  I have unplugged and plugged the AP in again.  It then goes through a never ending cycle of of red, amber, and green.  I am having great difficulty finding troubleshooting steps online, I can't even find how to factory reset the thing.  Do I hold down the mode button or just press it briefly?  Sorry I am very lost.

Regards.
17 Replies 17

May be worth installing 7.0 and testing it, or opening a TAC case to help fix the issue?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Yep, TAC won’t help until I get a smartnet contract. I bought the contract over the weekend so I am just waiting for Cisco partner to apply it to my account.
Regards.

I was able to download 7.0.1 and got it updated.  The AP seems to be working so far.  Not sure if this is expected behavior but now the FP switch ports are all blinking in unison about 3 times a second.  I am not seeing anything in the status page of the FP.

Regards.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: