cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cbw240ac access points together in Mesh

tominski
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,  I have a set of cbw240ac access points that I have been trying to get working in a mesh setup.  I'm not using extenders but rather multiple cbw240ac units.  However I can only get them working when cabled together, do they not support mesh themselves?  

Many thanks.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hey there, are you on the latest firmware? I know there was a change to that functionality with 10.4 Link to download

View solution in original post

tominski
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks Corey.  I updated to the latest 10.6.1.0 and then I could change the AP mode to Mesh.  Its worth noting that this is on the Mesh tab, not general, and you have to be in Expert Mode to change to.

Many thanks.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

CoreyP319
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Tominski,

You can indeed use the second access point as a primary capable AP. You can use the emulator to get an idea of how that looks - link below. Here are some resources that you may find helpful.

Web UI Setup Document

CBW Support Page

Emulator of CBW device AP table

tominski
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks, how you have Cisco-CBW-4 setup is how I need it.  However i cant get the AP mode to change to Mesh.  the option is greyed out and cant be changed in my GUI.

I can't complete step 5 in the guide - https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/smb/wireless/CB-Wireless-Mesh/kmgmt-3144-cbw-mesh-role-selection.html

Hey there, are you on the latest firmware? I know there was a change to that functionality with 10.4 Link to download

tominski
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks Corey.  I updated to the latest 10.6.1.0 and then I could change the AP mode to Mesh.  Its worth noting that this is on the Mesh tab, not general, and you have to be in Expert Mode to change to.

Many thanks.

Thanks for the heads up Tominski, I've shared your feedback with the team and we'll be updating the article. Thanks again!