cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cbw240ac AND RADIUS auth

BrigidineQLD
Level 1
Level 1

I have setup this AP and successfully directed a new WLAN ssid to my windows RADIUS server and can connect a client OK, However my RADIUS attributes should also give the client a custom VLAN and it doesn't so I suspect there may be Cisco specific attributes or something I need to include in the RADIUS settings . I have Ubiquiti brand AP's also on the same network and those clients receive correct VLAN IP. What could I be missing ?

4 Replies 4

peter_asap
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Did you solve the problem ? In general how cbw240ac behaves compared to Ubiquiti  ? Thanks

I didn't solve the RADIUS problem.
As this was a test AP I have now removed it from service and wont try again until I fall over a solution to the auth issue.

When it did work it was fine as an AP as I would expect however the Cisco software controller was basic and clunky so even with Ubiquiti's random glitches it is still better for now.

Martin Aleksandrov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Have you configured RADIUS on your Ubiquiti AP and if so what are the settings you configured? You can try with Accounting Call Station ID type to be VLAN ID on the CBW240AC AP. You should get your clients VLAN assignment based on the VLANs and DHCP servers configured on your router/gateway. How did you configure your router?

Regards,

Martin

Here is the settings tab from NPS server. Ubiquiti AP point to same radius server and clients receive the correct Vlan. I feel I must be missing some cisco specific attributes or settings ? I have confirmed the client connecting via Cisco AP is authenticating against Radius but cant get a custom Vlan. I have a building I would like to swap from Unifi to these Cisco but I have to solve this first.