Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CHROMECAST ULTRA and CISCO WAP121

Hi everybody,

When I configure the CHROMECAST ULTRA in our meeting room I have the following message: "Meeting room can be configured but it is impossible to communicate with him from your Iphone A slight modification of your wifi settings is maybe Help then offers me to disable access point isolation and enable UPnP functionality How does this work on a Cisco WAP121?

Thanks for your help

2 Replies 2

boatanas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Dear Christophe,

The UPnP functionality is usually implemented on routers, so you may want to check your router for that setting. As for isolation, the WAP121 has a feature called "Channel Isolation" which is meant to isolate the connected wireless clients from each other for obvious security considerations. This option is located under Wireless - Networks - respective SSID.

Borislav Atanassov
Cisco Small Business TAC

We have a similar issue.

There are 4 Cisco WAP121 access points distributed in our office. The Chromecast connects on our wifi network through an Access-Point in the same room (i.e. AP-04). I was able to configure the Chromecast from within the room, but I can't seem to cast any media to it. Strangely, when I move away from the room and sit myself about 10 metres away from it the, signal on the Home app turns green and I am able to cast to the screen.

It just seems that when my android smartphone uses the wifi signal from a different access point than the one Chromecast connects to/through it does work, but not when both Chromecast and smartphone use the same access point.

Any ideas how to overcome this issue?

Johan