cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 150AX ap not recognising itself

PeterWan
Level 1
Level 1

so I was changing the region configuration on my ap. after the last edit, the ap no longer shows up on its own management page. the led is blinking Green Red off. This really seems weird to me. Any one knows what's going on with my ap?

Thanks for any solution provided!

Best,

Peter

(Since no tag for Small Business Access Point is provided, I have selected the Aeronet Access Points instead)

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

PeterWan
Level 1
Level 1

it turns out that it is not the reset button not working but I was holding it too short. I thought I only need to hold it for 10 seconds for it to be rest, yet, after searching for some documentation online it turns out that it took 1 min or more for it to reset, and I also need to hold it unit the indicator turns red. Now I have reset my devices and redeployed it. The documentation was really really hard to find..... I could not find it through the product page, and that why it took me to long to figure it out. The documentation is rather scattered around the internet. it would be great and Cisco could find a way to centralise them and allow us -- the user/administrator to access them easier. Thank you!

Best Regards,

Peter

View solution in original post

Hello Peter,

Thank you for your feedback and sorry to hear about your bad experience in finding relevant information. Usually, when it comes to device configuration or initial set up we encourage customers to look at the product administration guide https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/access_point/csbap/CBW_WiFi_6/Admin_Guide/b_cisco_business_wifi_6_admin_guide.pdf where most of the configuration settings and procedures including device factory reset are covered.

However, we take your feedback as an improvement action item which we'll address internally in order to make information easy to find and accessible for everyone.

Thanks

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

PeterWan
Level 1
Level 1

it turns out that it is not the reset button not working but I was holding it too short. I thought I only need to hold it for 10 seconds for it to be rest, yet, after searching for some documentation online it turns out that it took 1 min or more for it to reset, and I also need to hold it unit the indicator turns red. Now I have reset my devices and redeployed it. The documentation was really really hard to find..... I could not find it through the product page, and that why it took me to long to figure it out. The documentation is rather scattered around the internet. it would be great and Cisco could find a way to centralise them and allow us -- the user/administrator to access them easier. Thank you!

Best Regards,

Peter

Nice...

Hello Peter,

Thank you for your feedback and sorry to hear about your bad experience in finding relevant information. Usually, when it comes to device configuration or initial set up we encourage customers to look at the product administration guide https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/access_point/csbap/CBW_WiFi_6/Admin_Guide/b_cisco_business_wifi_6_admin_guide.pdf where most of the configuration settings and procedures including device factory reset are covered.

However, we take your feedback as an improvement action item which we'll address internally in order to make information easy to find and accessible for everyone.

Thanks

dropshadow
Level 1
Level 1

the correct way to factory reset is in the admin guide:

To reset the AP or Mesh extender to factory default using the Mode button, follow the steps below.
1. Remove or unplug the power to the device.
2. Press and hold the Mode button while re-applying power to the device.
3. Once the LED pattern changes to solid red, release the Mode button and allow the device to continue
booting up.

reset button = mode button

as for the solution to the issue, please see:

https://community.cisco.com/t5/wireless-small-business/cbw-150ax-connected-but-stuck-in-boot-phase-4-led-green-red-off/m-p/4893957#M11584