Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Business AC140

corya
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

In short: I have two Cisco Small Business AC140 wireless access points that get stuck flashing red after zero day setup. Neither will broadcast after initial restart. Both accept factory reset and bring up zero day setup.

Specifics:

I go through the zero day setup, assign a static IP, assign primary WAP name, assign wireless name, and reboot. In the 5 minutes I have before reboot, I can see the WAP is broadcasting the assigned wireless name, I can even connect to it. Once the WAP reboots, it stops broadcasting, cannot be pinged, nor does it respond to ciscobusiness.cisco - regardless if I use wired or wireless connection, both devices flash red at this point. This is why I think I configured something incorrectly.

If I let the DHCP assign an IP, the result is the same. When I scan my network for devices, the assigned IPs are not recognized and do not receive an expected label of live, dead, or no reply. The IP is simply ignored, leaving a gap. ie it is assigned #4 and the scan reveals 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 7. I let the device sit for 30 minutes thinking it was downloading firmware, sadly no change. All I really can do is confirm the factory reset procedure works. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you

Edit:

LED colors: Reboot; fast blinking green; solid green; slow blinking green; green/amber/red twice, then continuous blinking red.

1 Reply 1

corya
Level 1
Level 1

I figured it out and wanted to share.

TLDR:

check your switch connection settings and make sure POE is enabled/active.

check your firewall rules to make sure communication to that connection is not blocked.

check your DHCP by verify the port has a valid IP with your laptop before connecting the AP.

Solution:

I connected my laptop to the port I intend to plug the AP into later, to confirm a valid IP address. I found with 3 switches that were not allowing communication but had POE enabled. Now I need to figure out why POE is enabled on my switches if the firewall is actively blocking comms.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: