Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

First of all, sorry for my bad english.

I have this wireless router:

Firmware :1.0.5.9
PID VID RV120W-A V01

In the Syslog Summary view, i could see many erros from this type:

Sun Mar  1 11:01:10 2015(UTC) [rv120w][Kernel][KERNEL] ERROR:endChantRecv: protocol PNAC returned !OK
Sun Mar  1 11:01:10 2015(UTC) [rv120w][Kernel][KERNEL] ERROR:endChantRecv: protocol PNAC returned !OK

For example, in my mobile phone, the wifi still conected and stable, but each approximately one hour, I don't have access to anything (I can't ping to my default gateway and navigate, so i need disable and enable my wifi adapter).

I have searched this error message and saw a lot of post with this message of error, but I don't see any solution.

My configuration is pretty simple, I don't use vpn, vlan, or nothing special. Only 1 ssid with WPA2/PSK and 8 concurrent conections (I never have problem with my old TPLink router, I changed it for this router because i want improve the security of my lan.

Any help be apreciate.

Best regards.

3 Replies 3

Michal Bruncko
Level 4
Level 4

Hello

is there any difference/improvement if you change you SSID security settings to:

• "WPA Personal" and "TKIP+AES", or
  • "WPA2 Personal" and "AES", or
  • "WPA2 Personal Mixed" and "TKIP+AES"

all of them should be compatible with your clients. But some of them could be more compatible than others. Please try and let us know.

Hi Michael,
Thanks for your answer.
I tried your recommendation, but the problem still persist.
One thing, if in my mobile phone I put a continuous ping to the router this don't lose the connection.
Could be a problem related to the authentication of one type specific of devices on this model of router? I have other devices connected without problem, but this phone and another PC that have problems,  in other router don't have any issues.

Thanks a lot.

Hi

so you are saying that you have issues only with some of all your connected devices? What exactly they are? If mobile, what is the Brand/Model? If PC, what is the Brand/Model of Wireless adapter? There could be compatibility issues with some adapters. Installing latest drivers could resolve your issue (at least on PC).

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: