Helpful
Replies

Cisco WAP150 - Access from other subnet

jtmv
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, 

I'm configuring two Cisco WAP150.

I have two networks, one for the LAN, one for the WLAN, which are physically separated (not by VLANs). 

The AP are on the WLAN network. 

Everything works fine, but I'm not able to ping nor access the web interface from the LAN network. 

Of course, everything is correctly configured on the router separating the two networks. 

I'm able to manage others AP (from an other brand).

Is there an option somewhere to allow access (ping, web management) from other subnets ? 

I tried to play with ACL to permit that, without success.

Thanks in advance. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi, 

Thanks for your reply. 

I solved alone the problem.

So I was in touch with support which wasn't able to find a valid answer. 

They told me my problem was because no VLAN is implemented on my network (strange...).

I was supposed to set up management VLAN, configuring the switches, and an inter-VLAN routing on the router... wasn't a good answer for me. 

The solution is simpler, there is no need to create VLAN to access AP from other subnet.

In fact, the initial configuration regarding the VLAN part has a bug on these access points.

Initially I left this configuration untouched, everything remained by default.
I went on the screen "LAN -> VLAN Configuration" to check, the box "Untagged VLAN" was checked and the VLAN IDs (untagged and management) were both at 1. This is the default normal behaviorl, usable on a network without VLAN as it's the case for me.
I simply re-validated these settings by clicking on the Save button, without changing anything, and this unblocked the situation.
I can now access APs from my LAN (ping and web interface).

In fact, by default, the VLAN configuration is probably corrupted.

I did the manipulation on both access points and it worked, so I don't think of a coincidence.

Hope this can help other people in same situation...

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

mridsing
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Hi,

Thanks for your post,

With the above required network configuration we need to have to look in network deployed like:-

->IP address of LAN and WLAN
->How is WAP150 is connected to WLAN
->Check whether any specific route is required to get the reach ability to other subnet.

Kindly in case possible request you to open case with us by calling our frontline team
Link:- https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/web/tsd-cisco-small-business-support-center-contacts.html

Thanks,
Mridul
Cisco SBSC.

Hi, 

Thanks for your reply. 

I solved alone the problem.

So I was in touch with support which wasn't able to find a valid answer. 

They told me my problem was because no VLAN is implemented on my network (strange...).

I was supposed to set up management VLAN, configuring the switches, and an inter-VLAN routing on the router... wasn't a good answer for me. 

The solution is simpler, there is no need to create VLAN to access AP from other subnet.

In fact, the initial configuration regarding the VLAN part has a bug on these access points.

Initially I left this configuration untouched, everything remained by default.
I went on the screen "LAN -> VLAN Configuration" to check, the box "Untagged VLAN" was checked and the VLAN IDs (untagged and management) were both at 1. This is the default normal behaviorl, usable on a network without VLAN as it's the case for me.
I simply re-validated these settings by clicking on the Save button, without changing anything, and this unblocked the situation.
I can now access APs from my LAN (ping and web interface).

In fact, by default, the VLAN configuration is probably corrupted.

I did the manipulation on both access points and it worked, so I don't think of a coincidence.

Hope this can help other people in same situation...