Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco WAP150 and RV110 Wireless Roaming the same SSID

Taiga2022
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We have a network where Cisco WAP150 and RV110 Wireless Router roaming the same SSIDs which is same network, same vlan, same password and same security type. 

Recently, there is some problem in accessing other devices in the network. 

When we reboot the RV110, the problem gone. 

But currently, the problem still exists even after rebooting.

I see some clients deauthenticated logs every 5-10mins on WAP150.

I am not sure what might be the problem?

Can someone advice the solution?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

- Possibly , client roaming decisions are autonomous. If these are 'random setups' , meaning the AP's - there is a disadvantage. Better is to have a site survey for placing access points and optimizing coverage. If the deployments starts becoming large consider using a controller with uniform access point models. The controllers optimizes cell coverage by adjusting TPC (transmit power control) and DCA (dynamic channel allocation) for the access points.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

marce1000
VIP
VIP

>....I see some clients deauthenticated logs every 5-10mins on WAP150. ...>I am not sure what might be the problem?

- Check logs on WAP150 for more info (if any) , also on clients use network event logging for more insights (if applicable) , for Windows clients for instance you could use eventvwr and look for errors and events related to networking (no success guaranteed)

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Can I assume that since the two APs are working with same SSID and Password, is it possible that clients are jumping between 2 SSIDs and as a result, I see the de-authentication logs in WAP150?

- Possibly , client roaming decisions are autonomous. If these are 'random setups' , meaning the AP's - there is a disadvantage. Better is to have a site survey for placing access points and optimizing coverage. If the deployments starts becoming large consider using a controller with uniform access point models. The controllers optimizes cell coverage by adjusting TPC (transmit power control) and DCA (dynamic channel allocation) for the access points.

M.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: