Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco WAP2000

tom
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a few questions about the Cisco WAP2000 we setup for our customers that I have experienced as of late.

1. The AP is prone to reset automatically; what causes the access point to do this and how can this be prevented?

2. The AP has the SSID and the encryption reset back to factory defaults, however the IP address does not get reset. What would cause this?

3. Is it possible to use 2 of the Cisco WAP2000 as a repeater to increase signal strength of another Cisco WAP2000 that has interference from another stronger signal?

Thank you

1 Reply 1

Eric Moyers
Level 7
Level 7

Hi, My name is Eric Moyers. I am a Network Support Engineer in the Cisco Small Business Support Center. Thank you for using the Cisco Community Post Forums.

For questions 1 and 2, This is not normal and may indicate an issue with the firmware of the unit. I would update the unit to the latest firmware available and then manually reconfigure it with the settings. If the unit is currently on the latest, I would reflash the firmware and then manually reconfigure it. If this does not solve the issue. You should call into our support cent and let one of the answering agents work with you for a resolution. (1-866-606-1866)

For your 3rd question, yes that is possible. I would also run wifi analysis of the wireless in your area and see what channels are being used. Then try and move your WPA2000 to another channel.

Again if this gives you any issues, please call in and let one of us work with you.

Thanks

Eric Moyers
Cisco Network Support Engineer
CCNA, CCNA-Wireless
1-866-606-1866

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: