cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco WAP321 Captive Portal Redirect

darren.fishwick
Level 1
Level 1

Hi I have setup a Cisco WAP321 as an Internet Cafe Captive Portal. When initially switched on clients connect and are redirected to the Log on page where they can add their name and tick to say they agree with the usage policy.

Works great, unfotunately the next day when the clients connect again they are never redirected to the logon page so cant access the internet.

I have tried putting in the redirect url and if i do that it works fine.

I have checked all my settings but cant find out why.

Anyone know why im not getting the redirect?

Thanks

Darren

3 Replies 3

lariasqu
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Darren, thank you for using our forum, my name is Luis I am part of the Small business Support community. I apologize for your inconvenience; I have a couple of questions for you, what did happen when you were trying to access to your web page? Did the page turn blank?

I hope you find this answer useful

Greetings,

Luis Arias.

Cisco Network Support Engineer.

Hi Luis

Thanks for the reply. I have been reading up on possible issues and just need to clarify whether the Guest WIFI has to be on VAP0? I have it configured on VAP2 and as i said initially it works OK and gives me the Redirect.

My WAP321 is connected to a Cisco 887 Router with the Port set to Trunk and the VAP2 is set to Vlan2.

VLAN 1 set to 192.168.192.1 255.255.255.128 and VLAN2 set to 192.168.192.193 255.255.255.224. DHCP scope on the Router is from 192.168.192.194 to 192.168.192.220.

Im back on site again this morning and its working after a reset. Ill monitor over the next day or so and see what happens

Regards

Darren

Hi Darren,

You can also refer to the following article if you come up with any problem again regarding Captive Portal.

Captive Portal Instance Configuration on WAP321 Access Point

Thanks,

Naresh Arjunan

Please rate useful posts.