cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements
Please be advised, the GuideMe Wizard is no longer available on the Small Business Support Community. For search capability please use the community search field to find content related to Cisco Small Business documents, videos, and discussions.
Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

Cisco WAP371 Issue with roaming

I have a couple of Cisco WAP371 wireless APs and there is an issue with Wi-Fi roaming with iPhones. My test. I called my wife in the other room. She answered on another AP using Wi-Fi calling and an iPhone7. I walked to the AP she was on and when my iPhone7+ roamed it dropped a couple of words out of a sentence. The iPhone7+ roams and does not drop a call only it misses a couple of words.

I just did some more testing as this is really starting to bother me and I have new info. I only lose a few words on the first roam. If I walk back and it roams back no words are dropped. If I continue the call and do it a second time there are no words dropped. It only happens on the first roam. weird. Is this an iPhone problem or a WAP371 problem. Any ideas?  FaceTime roaming works fine.  I have 2 WAP581 APs on order.

My setup.  I have a RV340 router connected to a SG300-28 L3 switch in L3 mode.  The Rv340 is connected with an access port to the L3 switch.  The WAP371 are connected to a SG300-10MPP switch with POE+ in single point setup.  There are 2 SSIDs in separate subnet VLANs.  The WAP371 are connected with a trunk port with 2 VLANs defined.  The roaming is only across 1 SSID VLAN. The SG300-10MPP is connected to the L3 switch with a trunk port.  My iPhones are a iPhone7+ and an iPhone7.  The wireless AP are running 1.3.0.7 firmware. I am only using 5Ghz as I have turned off 2.4Ghz in the WAP371 APs.