cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cluster access point exists a master ?

nextstepsrl
Level 1
Level 1

ap541n in cluster access point exists a master ?

3 Replies 3

Eric Moyers
Level 7
Level 7

Hi, My name is Eric Moyers. I am a Network Support Engineer in the Cisco Small Business Support Center. Thank you for using the Cisco Community Post Forums.

My apologies but I am not really sure of what your question is. Could you please restate it for me?

Thanks

Eric Moyers

Cisco Network Support Engineer

SBSC Wireless and Surveillance SME

CCNA, CCNA-Wireless

1-866-606-1866

Dear Eric,

with cluster solution do i need to configure one access point as master and the others as slave?

In thi8s case, the access point release is 2.0 (1) and connected with UC540. The lan interface on UC 540 is configured as access point vlan native 1. This system doesen't work correctly. Phones spa525g2 are not always connected, i nedd to reset very frequently the access point.

thank you in advance

Giovanni

Hello Sir,

With the AP541 N there is not an option for Master vs Slave the Clustering option is really only for  allowing the clustered AP541N to share configuration settings and changes.

With using this in a UC540 Network I would suggest calling in and  opening a case with our UC support group here in the small business support center.They have good experience with setting up the AP541N in a UC network.

Cisco Small Business Support contacts:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/support/tsd_cisco_small_business_support_center_contacts.html

Eric Moyers

Cisco Network Support Engineer

SBSC Wireless and Surveillance SME

CCNA, CCNA-Wireless

1-866-606-1866

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: