Views
Helpful
Replies

Cluster Problem on WAP361

Chris33
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

i'm having problem to turn on cluster mode on my WAP 361.

here is the msg poping up at the bottom of the page on all WAP :

Capture.JPG

it worked for a while and suddenly had this on all WAP

And the most curious thing is that i bought 3 new WAP last week and try to setup it on a new cluster and had the same thing.

All WAP are on the last firmware 1.1.0.9.

Don't know how to resolve the bug

Thanks for your help.

Chris

IT Administrator
5 Replies 5

boatanas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Dear Chris,

Could you please verify if all access points have the same part number - for example WAP361-E-K9 or WAP361-A-K9?

Are all of them connected to the same VLAN?

Thanks.

Borislav Atanassov
Cisco Small Business TAC

Hello

Yes for one of my clusters, I have 3x WAP361-E-K9 V02 with firmware 1.1.0.9

All three on the same VLANs vlans and the same SSIDs

But I also have 3x Dlink (not clustered) on the same vlans and SSIDs

[cid:image002.jpg@01D4E967.A2851140]

For the other cluster, I have 3x WAP361-E-K9 V02 and 3x WAP361-E-K9 V01

But also dlinks on the same vlan

The thing is, even when I enable the cluster on the 1st access point, it already shows the error message.

The following error(s) have occurred...
error occured for query on path cluster.NodeStatusMonitor.getStatus (function: data_service, file: /home/sam.you/project/torrey_pines.git/ap/broadcom/src/web-ui-framework/data_service.c, line: 481)
activator_execute: connect to /var/clusterd.socket failed: Connection refused (function: activator_execute_buffer, file: /home/sam.you/project/torrey_pines.git/ap/broadcom/src/web-ui-services/activator_query.c, line: 67)
error occured for query on path cluster.member.get (function: data_service, file: /home/sam.you/project/torrey_pines.git/ap/broadcom/src/web-ui-framework/data_service.c, line: 481)
activator_execute: connect to /var/clusterd.socket failed: Connection refused (function: activator_execute_buffer, file: /home/sam.you/project/torrey_pines.git/ap/broadcom/src/web-ui-services/activator_query.c, line: 67)
error occured for query on path cluster.cluster-firmware.get (function: data_service, file: /home/sam.you/project/torrey_pines.git/ap/broadcom/src/web-ui-framework/data_service.c, line: 481)

Thanks for your concern.
IT Administrator

Chris,

Thanks for your feedback! Now, if possible, can you remove the Dlinks temporarily and try clustering again?

Either way, I think we should open a service request for you, so please send me your CCOID and a serial number of one WA361 as a private message.

Borislav Atanassov
Cisco Small Business TAC

Hi,

Even with the dlinks disconnected, i have the same result.

I just received new access points and tried to enable clustering on a new cluster on the first one and i have the error message.

I think it appeared when i turned all my access point (dlink and cisco) to manage them on vlan 1.

Before that, each cluster were on a separate vlans and worked.

Maybe it's a lead ?

What's a CCOID ?

Thanks

IT Administrator

Chris,

Yes, this may have to do with the management VLAN being the same. Anyways, this issue requires further investigation. Please register yourself here https://identity.cisco.com/ui/tenants/global/v1.0/enrollment-ui?ui_locale=en_US and send me a private message with your Cisco ID and the serial number of your access point. I will make sure we open a service request for you.

Thanks.

Borislav Atanassov
Cisco Small Business TAC