Views
Helpful
Replies

Disconnection problem with WAP4410N

SamEarth86
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everybody,

I have a problem with my Linksys Wap4410n regarding some disconnections...

I configured it with wpa 2 personal password, access point, b/g/n mixed...

So a normal access point configuration and it works well when I use the default firmware (1.0.12).

After updating and/or resetting & updating with all higher firmware (2.0.0.5 / 2.0.0.12 / 2.0.1.0), sometimes it losts the connection.

So I have to turn off the airport (I'm currently using a macbook and an iphone) in both cases and turn it on.

I don't want this problem is due to an incompatibility with the apple's airport or whatever...

Giovanni

38 Replies 38

Shannon Sutter
Level 1
Level 1

FYI:

I've done all of the above and got the Beta Firmware on 12/24/2012

Installed it on one of the WAP4410N and it fix the disconnection problem (temporarily)

This past Saturday 1/19/2013 the AP once again lost connection and I had to reload it.

So I guess the Beta firmware is still not perfect or it might be something else.

The one thing I noticed:

I have 6 WAP4410N running different locations.

The only one that gave me problems is the one that is connected via PoE, of course this could be just a coincidence, but try to have it plugged in with the AC power instead of only via PoE.

I have had it connected via PoE and Ac Adapter. Same difference.....

I do have it set up to only accept the MAC addresses entered. Re-booting always fixes and gets the connections back for a while, but I have also logged into the device and on the page that list the MAC addresses, I  have made no changes but select SAVE.  Devices start to connect again.  It may have to do with the table getting corrupted, and a reboot or re-write reloads the table.

When it's not accespting connections, I still see the device on the list of SSID's but it will not let me connect ( like the MAC address is not in the table for the device).

Not that I want to, but I  may disable the MAC table function and see if the problem still exists ( keeping the SSID and password/key in place of course).

InSSIDer is a program that will scan your wireless area and see what signals are in the area and what channels are being used. This helps us in determining that your area and/or channel that your using is not the culprit in your disconnection issues and if that is the problem the best channel to get you set up on. If it is determined that wireless interference is not the issue then we look at the other information that we asked for.

1. Syslog output (From AP)
  2. AP Mode (AP, WDS Bridge, Repeater, etc. )
  3. Site Survey output (InSSIDer)
  4. Topology of Connected device (switch,  router, etc. )
  5. Number of AP(s) having the issue
  6. Number of wireless clients
  7. Current firmware version on the AP
  8. Range of distance from AP to wireless client (ex. 50 – 100ft)
  9. Make and model of wireless clients (PC, MAC, Iphone,      iPod, Samsung Galaxy Note, etc.)
  10. Wireless client OS (Win 7, MAC OS 10.7.6,  iOS      6.01, Android OS, etc.)
  11. Make and model of wireless adapter in wireless client      machines (Intel      4965 a/g/n)

Not sure where the packet capture came from but we can do without that. Some of this information is just for our tracking so that we can see if there is a particular product, OS, or wireless client that we are having problems with more than others. This will enable us to work more closely with that manufacturer to resolve issues.

I know that this has been a thorn in a lot of peoples side, ours included. But, we are having great success with the newest beta firmware for this particular issue.

If you have not contacted us for help with this at this time, please do so.

Thanks

Eric Moyers    .:|:.:|:.

Cisco Small Business US STAC Advanced Support Engineer

CCNA, CCNA-Wireless

866-606-1866 ext 601027

Mon - Fri 09:00 - 18:00 (UTC - 05:00)

*Please rate the Post so other will know when an answer has been found.

Eric,

Count me among those experiencing problems.  Last night I confirmed that the WAP4410N is a problem, I have a remote node (in NC) that has 4 computers.  2 of which are connecting through a WRVS4400N (1 wired, 1 wireless) and 2 using the WAP4410N as a WDS repeater.  Only those directly connecting through the WRVS were able to successfully complete a backup cycle over the network - I had failure for BOTH the clients on the WAP4410N.  Yesterday I had to reboot the WAP 4410N 3 times trying to get a wireless printer to work (it is now wired to the port of the WAP because it is b/g only and the SSID is N only).  I am running the latest available firmware, so if there is one in development for either or both devices that will help with the WAP lockups I am game to try.

Just trrying to be helpful,

Robert Hessenauer

Ok, then what we need to do is gather the information above. You can do this and then call in or call in first and let one of our answering agent help you with this.

For the syslog info, if you go to the admin tab, then log and enable system error messages that will be fine.

Thanks

Eric Moyers    .:|:.:|:.

Cisco Small Business US STAC Advanced Support Engineer

CCNA, CCNA-Wireless

866-606-1866 ext 601027

Mon - Fri 09:00 - 18:00 (UTC - 05:00)

*Please rate the Post so other will know when an answer has been found.

Dear Eric Moyers

I'm using Cisco WAP4410N Wireless-N Access Point with Power Over Ethernet. One of my AP having problem while connecting To HP Poe L3 switch. several times my Access point is disconnecting also after updated to Version: 2.0.7.4. 

Kindly to the needful. 

My name Eric Moyers. I am an Engineer in the Small Business Support Center.

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue. 

What is the serial number for your WAP4410N and about how long have you had it?

If this does not improve your issue, please call our support center and open a case so that one of our engineers can work directly with you.
http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/web/tsd-cisco-small-business-support-center-contacts.html

Eric Moyers
.:|:.:|:. CISCO | Cisco Presales Technical Support | Wireless Subject Matter Expert

Please rate helpful Posts and Let others know when your Question has been answered.

Hi Eric Moyers,

Please find the serial number of my WAP4410N below.

SN:181001U4. i have this problem for 2 weeks.

please do the needful.

Your device is still under the one year free phone support and hardware warranty. Your best course of action is going to be to call in an open a case. Let me know the case number when you do and I will check in on it and talk with the engineer.

Eric Moyers
.:|:.:|:. CISCO | Cisco Presales Technical Support | Wireless Subject Matter Expert

Please rate helpful Posts and Let others know when your Question has been answered.